Thanks for your response. The major mode is not org mode. The issue was not with org mode but with my dot-emacs. My apologies for reporting a false bug report. On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > deepak subramanian writes: > > > I am getting the below error when inserting a headline in org mode using > > Ctrl-Enter or M-Enter > > System : Ubuntu 10.04 > > Could you double check the major mode of the buffer from which you're > calling these commands? It looks like it isn't `org-mode'. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >