* [texinfo] Appendix?
@ 2013-02-22 21:15 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-02-22 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

I can't find a way to have the texinfo exporter start an appendix.

* Last chapter
blah blah

* Appendix 1
blah blah

This will yield something like this:

15 Last chapter
---------------
blah blah

16 Appendix 1
-------------
blah blah

When I would instead like:

A Appendix 1
------------

Assuming I'm not missing something, perhaps an attribute?

#+attr_texinfo :appendix t

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813

* Re: [texinfo] Appendix?
@ 2013-02-22 22:05 ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin @ 2013-02-22 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello Tom

On 22 February 2013 16:15, Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> Aloha all,
>
> I can't find a way to have the texinfo exporter start an appendix.
>
> * Last chapter
> blah blah
>
> * Appendix 1
> blah blah
>
> This will yield something like this:
>
> 15 Last chapter
> ---------------
> blah blah
>
> 16 Appendix 1
> -------------
> blah blah
>
> When I would instead like:
>
> A Appendix 1
> ------------
>
> Assuming I'm not missing something, perhaps an attribute?

Appendixes should work as unnumbered headlines.   I don't remember
testing for that use specifically although there is a possible work-around
that will allow for unnumbered headlines for sure.

Indexes are always unnumbered, so using a property :INDEX: will
produce an unnumbered headline.  If you want it to insert one of the
default indexes you set the property to the appropriate key:
cp , fn , ky , pg , tp , vr

Regards,

Jon
--

> #+attr_texinfo :appendix t
>
> All the best,
> Tom
>
> --
> T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
> 735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813
> Tel: 808-529-0866, Fax: 808-529-0884
> http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: [texinfo] Appendix?
@ 2013-02-22 22:55   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-02-22 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Leech-Pepin; +Cc: Org-mode

Aloha Jon,

Jonathan Leech-Pepin <jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Tom

> Appendixes should work as unnumbered headlines.   I don't remember
> testing for that use specifically although there is a possible work-around
> that will allow for unnumbered headlines for sure.
>
> Indexes are always unnumbered, so using a property :INDEX: will
> produce an unnumbered headline.  If you want it to insert one of the
> default indexes you set the property to the appropriate key:
> cp , fn , ky , pg , tp , vr

I don't understand.  This:

* Concept index
:PROPERTIES:
:TEXINFO_MENU_TITLE: Concept Index
:INDEX:    cp
:END:

Gives me a numbered headline and an empty section.

If I add this:

@@info:@printindex cp@@

then an index is generated.  The headline is still numbered.

Am I doing something wrong?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: [texinfo] Appendix?
@ 2013-02-22 23:28     ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin @ 2013-02-22 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello Tom

On 22 February 2013 17:55, Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> Aloha Jon,
>
> Jonathan Leech-Pepin <jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello Tom
>
> > Appendixes should work as unnumbered headlines.   I don't remember
> > testing for that use specifically although there is a possible
> work-around
> > that will allow for unnumbered headlines for sure.
> >
> > Indexes are always unnumbered, so using a property :INDEX: will
> > produce an unnumbered headline.  If you want it to insert one of the
> > default indexes you set the property to the appropriate key:
> > cp , fn , ky , pg , tp , vr
> >

> I don't understand.  This:
>
> * Concept index
> :PROPERTIES:
> :TEXINFO_MENU_TITLE: Concept Index
> :INDEX:    cp
> :END:
>
> Gives me a numbered headline and an empty section.
>
> If I add this:
>

> @@info:@printindex cp@@
>
> then an index is generated.  The headline is still numbered.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think so.  From the looks of things, index wasn't fixed along
with other properties to be uppercase in ox-texinfo.el.

I should be able to fix it on Monday (and make sure it now works),
along with the spacing of the detailed node listing.

Regards,
Jon

> All the best,
> Tom
>
> --
> Thomas S. Dye
> http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: [texinfo] Appendix?
@ 2013-02-25 15:20       ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin @ 2013-02-25 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello Tom,

On 22 February 2013 18:28, Jonathan Leech-Pepin <
jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hello Tom

    On 22 February 2013 17:55, Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

        Aloha Jon,

        [...]
        I don't understand.  This:

        * Concept index
        :PROPERTIES:
        :TEXINFO_MENU_TITLE: Concept Index
        :INDEX:    cp
        :END:

        Gives me a numbered headline and an empty section.

        If I add this:

        @@info:@printindex cp@@

        then an index is generated.  The headline is still numbered.

        Am I doing something wrong?

    I don't think so.  From the looks of things, index wasn't fixed along
    with other properties to be uppercase in ox-texinfo.el.
    I should be able to fix it on Monday (and make sure it now works),
    along with the spacing of the detailed node listing.
    Regards,
    Jon

I've now fixed this.

Headlines with an :INDEX: property will now export as:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
@unnumbered <TITLE> (or equivalent unnumbered subheading)

<content of headline>

@printindex <INDEX> (assuming INDEX is a recognized type, otherwise it
will simply be an unnumbered headline.

I've additionally added support for appendices.  These will export as
@appendix <TITLE>.

Indexes and appendices are mutually exclusive, indexes are tested for
first.

Regards,

Jon

* Re: [texinfo] Appendix?
@ 2013-02-25 17:00         ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-02-25 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Leech-Pepin; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Jon,

Jonathan Leech-Pepin <jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Tom,
>
> I've now fixed this.
>
> Headlines with an :INDEX: property will now export as:
>
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> @unnumbered <TITLE> (or equivalent unnumbered subheading)
>
> <content of headline>
>
> @printindex <INDEX> (assuming INDEX is a recognized type, otherwise it
> will simply be an unnumbered headline.

Yes, this works nicely.

> I've additionally added support for appendices.  These will export as
> @appendix <TITLE>.

An :APPENDIX: property triggers this one, which works as advertised.

Thanks!

All the best,