On 29 March 2018 at 09:59, hymie! wrote: > Greetings. > > I set this all up years ago, I just got a new computer, I'm not an expert > with Windows, and I've been unable to find my problem with Google. > > I have Windows 10, I have emacs, I have Org 9.0.3 (yes, I need to update), > and I have GPG4Win. I have entries in my .emacs file: > > (require 'org-crypt) > (org-crypt-use-before-save-magic) > (setq org-tags-exclude-from-inheritance (quote ("crypt"))) > [...] > (setq org-crypt-key "xxxxxxxx") > ;; GPG key to use for encryption > [...] > (global-set-key "\C-cd" 'org-decrypt-entry) > (global-set-key "\C-ce" 'org-encrypt-entry) > > But when I try to decrypt something, I get this error: > > Searching for program: no such file or directory, gpg > > The only responses I can find are to add gpg to my %PATH% , but > I don't think my employer's GPO will let me. There is a machine/system %PATH% and a Current User %PATH%. Normally GPOs will block you from modifying the system %PATH% but allow you to change the User Path. This may be an option. I was hoping to find a place in org-crypt where "gpg" is defined so that > I can specify a full path instead, but as yet, I haven't found it. I'd take a look at ~C-h v -gpg TAB~ -> possible suggestion is epg-gpg-program which points to "gpg" by default. ~org-encrypt-string~ uses epg for encryption purposes so changing that program path should fix the issue. -- Jon > Can somebody give me a push? > > --hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie > hymie@lactose.homelinux.net > > >