* org-lrn
@ 2011-10-22 18:07 Johannes Hess
From: Johannes Hess @ 2011-10-22 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was trying out http://ankisrs.net/ and thought that it would be nicer, if
one could learn stuff from within emacs.
So I threw together https://github.com/warsus/org-lrn, which basically
implements the supermemo-2-algorithm (
http://www.supermemo.com/english/ol/sm2.htm) and stores everything in
org-file format, so it should be really easy to share and collaborate on
decks.
Also you can use the nice org-capture to really quickly add new entries (see
the example configfile).
It's probably not much more than a prototype and i'm a pretty busy, but
thought the concept was useful enough to post it.

* Re: org-lrn
@ 2011-10-22 18:12 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2011-10-22 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Hess; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Johannes Hess
<zerstroyer@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I was trying out http://ankisrs.net/ and thought that it would be nicer, if
> one could learn stuff from within emacs.
> So I threw together https://github.com/warsus/org-lrn, which basically
> implements the supermemo-2-algorithm
> (http://www.supermemo.com/english/ol/sm2.htm) and stores everything in
> org-file format, so it should be really easy to share and collaborate on
> decks.

Great concept. I do recall this coming up before. Would you be able to
summarize differences between this and org-drill?
--- Worg summary: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-drill.html
--- Repo: https://bitbucket.org/eeeickythump/org-drill

I've used Anki, but have not looked into org for these purposes, but
would certainly consider it since I take a lot of notes in org for
work and home learning.

Great idea and way to take action on it!

John

@ 2011-10-22 18:23   ` Johannes Hess
From: Johannes Hess @ 2011-10-22 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hah, of course i did not know about org-drill, that one looks pretty good.
:)

@ 2011-10-28 15:31     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-10-28 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Hess; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Hess <zerstroyer@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hah, of course i did not know about org-drill, that one looks pretty
> good. :)

You just need to make org-lrn better than org-drill now :)

In any case, if you feel like org-lrn should be listed here

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/index.html

please send a patch against this file:

  http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/org-contrib/index.org

Thanks!