* Using pandoc to convert LaTeX math to MathML
@ 2022-03-01 14:59 David Lukeš
From: David Lukeš @ 2022-03-01 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I recently wanted to set up LaTeX-to-MathML conversion in Org exports
and got a bit frustrated trying to get either of the two options
recommended in the docs (MathToWeb and LaTeXML) to work. But then I
realized I should be able to use Pandoc for this -- and indeed, `(setq
org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command "pandoc -f latex -t html5 --mathml
%I -o %o")' seems to work!

So I'm wondering -- is it maybe worth adding this option to the docs?
MathToWeb and LaTeXML are both relatively obscure compared to Pandoc.
What's more, chances are users will already have Pandoc installed, as
it enables additional export capabilities for Org.

What are your thoughts?

Best,

David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-03-01 15:02 UTC | newest]