On Sun, Aug 27, 2023 at 2:26 PM Jack Kamm wrote: > Ihor Radchenko writes: > > > Confirmed. > > > > It looks like `python-shell-first-prompt-hook' does not get triggered > > in the described scenario with exit() and we enter infinite loop in the > > code below. > > I think `python-shell-first-prompt-hook' is actually still triggered, > but rather it is `org-babel-comint-wait-for-output' that is hanging > while waiting for startup. However, we can just replace it with a > `sleep-for' instead, because we now wait for > `org-babel-python--initialized' anyways. > > See the attached patch. Please let me know if it fixes the problem for > you. > Yes, this fixes the problem for me. I made the change locally to release_9.6.6 on emacs 29.1. I have the expected behavior back. thank you! Peter