Agree. To do my own rebindings i use this kind of code: (eval-after-load 'org '(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-=") 'org-icicle-imenu)) But when re-opening a buffer with desktop after rebooting emacs, the new bindings are not added IZ On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Andreas Leha < andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote: > Bastien writes: > > > Hi Nick, > > > > Nick Dokos writes: > > > >> I find myself more in agreement with Seb than with Bastien here. The > >> argument that reducing the number of "bad" bindings reduces the chance > >> of conflicts does not hold water IMO: we will always have to be looking > >> in the rear-view mirror for some minor mode that will step on us. > > > > In the last ten years, we had only *one* such problem while having a > > dozen of faulty keybindings --- my hope is that, with only a fistful > > of faulty keybindings, we won't have to look in the rear-view mirror > > for the next twenty years :) [IOW: I don't buy the all-or-nothing > > reasoning.] > > > > I might be missing something here. But I think it would not be a > problem for Bastien (and others with similar preferences) to rebind the > keys to the shorter and potentially problematic version. So to me it > seems, that the only problem with making the default keybindings less > 'offensive' is finding non-taken and non-offensive keybindings. > > The question is whether Org could do something to make rebinding keys > easier? Like a worg page / FAQ about 'getting the old keybindings > back', maybe? > > Just my 2ct, of course. > - Andreas > > > > > > > > More precisely, I suggest these rebindings: > > > > C-c # Checkboxes => C-c C-# > > C-c , Priorities => C-c C-, > > C-c ; Comment lines => C-c C-; > > C-c @ Mark subtree => C-c C-@ > > > > (Note they are also accessible through speedy keys.) > > > > C-c ~ Cooperation => C-c C-~ > > > > (This one I just discovered.) > > > > Let's not get trapped in a "buridanesque" decision. :) > > >