org-babel-load-file will try to tangle any source block that contains the substring emacs-lisp or elisp in their language. For example, the following code block will be tangled: #+begin_src emacs-lispDONOT (use-package "org-sidebar") #+end_src the following patch fixes that problem. The Regular expression should be more stringent, so it does match exactly the string and not a substring. I think this is a regression. I used to comment out blocks from my .org init files by simply adding a XXX (as in emacs-lispXXXX). In current org these blocks are tangled :( -- --dmg --- D M German http://turingmachine.org