hi everybody, I am running 9.0.10. org-link-escape only replaces space, [, ], and % but search in google/gmail is replacing + also. The simplest solution is to add 43 to org-link-escape-chars: org-link-escape-chars is a variable defined in ‘org.el’. Its value is (32 91 93 37) This variable may be risky if used as a file-local variable. I use org-link-escape to jump from an email in gnus to gmail by searching the message-id. But if when the message-id contains +, this character must be escaped. thank you, -- --dmg --- Daniel M. German http://turingmachine.org