It happens from time to time, but not always... And I think it may be related to rainbow-mode for some reason. I'll try to enable debug when it happens the next time to see where it hangs. On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Peder, > > Peder Stray writes: > > > I have noticed a significant slowdown when editing tables with > > horizontal lines compared with the same table without the horizontal > > line. Currently tested in 7.9.2 and the version in elpa (7.9.3e i > > think?). > > > > Editing the table I have now, 12 columns, about 60 rows is nearly > > instant when the table doesn't have any horizontal lines, but when it > > does contain such lines, just inserting a character in a cell cause a > > delay of several seconds. Seems to be related to the number of rows > > too I guess, because it only became noticeable when the table got > > over a given number of rows. > > This is really weird... do you still have this problem? I tested > with big tables and I don't observe this. My computer is fairly > recent though. > > -- > Bastien > -- Peder Stray