I'm sorry, let me give a full bug report: I have #+TITLE: title here > #+DATE: <2016-10-20> > in an org file, with no other "#+" lines set. In my configuration file, I have set (setf org-html-postamble-format > (list > (list > "en" > "

By on > .\n"))) > (setf org-html-metadata-timestamp-format "%d %B %Y") > When I publish to HTML, the date is printed directly as "<2016-10-20 Thu>". I am using Emacs 25.1.1 and Org 9.0.1. I have looked through the code, and think the error is likely on line 1882 of ox-html.el, where the date format ought to be passed to org-export-get-date as the optional second argument. As a workaround, I am currently setting org-export-date-timestamp-format, but it seems like this ought to be HTML-specific. —Pavel Panchekha On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 1:33 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Pavel Panchekha writes: > > > I've been trying to set the date format in the HTML postamble. It looks > > like a date given in #+DATE is not being formatted according to the date > > format specification, but if no #+DATE is given, the format specification > > is used. > > > > Is this intended behavior—should I write formatted dates in #+DATE? > > We need more information to answer this. > > What exactly did you try (configured variables, #+DATE keyword ...)? > What Org version are you using? What did you expect? > > If you have some spare time, > may be a good > read. > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >