I also add to my previous e-mail about problems with diacritics in Mountain Lion + Org Mode: it seems to be just a display problem. This is proved by the fact that exporting to LibreOffice works: the accented characters which I have typed but are not displayed in the Org Mode interface of Aquamacs (a square appears) are correctly exported to LibreOffice. Pierfranco 2012/8/24 Pierfranco Minsenti > Hi all, > > I' am using since a few days Mac OS X Mountain Lion and found that while > retaining all my previous Org mode settings and Aquamacs settings, now I am > unable to obtain diacritics in Org Mode that is letters such as è à etc. > > I only obtain them displayed in Org when they are inside a Org heading > For example: I can write: > > * è > > and the è is correctly displayed. > > But not when I write it in the text. > > The symbol of a square appears instead of accented letters. > > The coding systems I used with previous Mac OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion) > is always the same: that is UTF8 > If I try to insert diacritics opening the virtual keyboard from upper menu > in Mac OS X nothing change: I always obtain the symbol of a square. > > This problem seems to affects only Org Mode because if I use another mode > in Aquamacs I have no problems at all in displaying diacritics. > > So I am unable to understand what is the cause of this problem. > > Has anybody found this? Any idea how to fix it? > > Thanks in advance. > > Pierfranco >