Again, ideally this functionality would be independent of the org-agenda files used by org-refile, so as to avoid displaying irrelevant headings as possible targets. Currently this is doable by doing: 1. select text 2. cut 3. other-window 4. navigate to desired target heading 5. paste text 6. other window The proposed new function would make this much more efficient: 1. select text 2. org-refile-region 3. choose target The most useful form of this would allow you to choose a target from among any currently open documents. My use case involves selecting text from one buffer and refiling it from among org-headings in another buffer, i.e. moving text from a source document displayed in one window and refiling to targets within the hierarchy of a target document displayed in another window, like so: http://i.imgur.com/E729fCQ.png Does anyone have ideas for how to implement? On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Peter Salazar wrote: > Is there a way to automatically refile highlighted text under an > org-heading? i.e. to cut the highlighted text and automatically paste it > under the heading of my choice? > > You could call it org-refile-region. Similar to org-refile, but to refile > not the entire subtree, but only the highlighted region under any heading > in the current document. Ideally this would offer me only headings in the > current document. > > Here's a start: > > > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25256304/in-emacs-org-mode-how-to-refile-highlighted-text-under-an-org-heading > > Thanks! > > >