Thanks! That works great, though I'm finding that setting the width manually gets it wider than \pagewidth: #+begin_center #+ATTR_LATEX: :height 10in :options angle=90 [[./profit-and-loss-monthly.jpg]] #+end_center On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM, John Hendy wrote: > On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 2:27 AM, Peter Salazar > wrote: > > Has anyone had success recently working with wide images? I have source > > documents and I'm trying to export to both LaTeX/PDF and HTML. > > > > Working from the manual, my image links look like this (the wide > dimension > > becomes height when rotated): > > > > #+ATTR_LATEX: :height 9in :options angle=90 :float t > > [[file:./image-files/cash-flow-(monthly).jpg]] > > > > On the LaTeX/PDFs, the image is still coming out pretty small. Is there > an > > easy way to get it to suppress the page header and ignore the top margin > so > > I can get more room to work with? > > Here's some ideas on the LaTeX side; I don't use HTML nearly as much... > > Do you have anything setting margins in your header? I can't stand the > default LaTeX margins, so every one of my article-style documents has > the following header: > #+latex_header: \usepackage[hmargin=2.5cm,vmargin=2.5cm]{geometry} > > You can also ditch the title/date with this line: > #+BIND: org-latex-title-command "" > > Note that to use this, you need the following in your config (or at > least to customize it to prompt the user if using #+bind is okay): > (setq org-export-allow-bind-keywords t) > > Lastly, you can remove the footer (centered page number) with setting > an empty pagestyle: > \pagestyle{empty} > > Putting it all together, see what you think of this result (I get a > pretty big image, with just the heading and the image). > > > #+begin_src example > > #+options: toc:nil > #+latex_header: \usepackage[hmargin=2.5cm,vmargin=2.5cm]{geometry} > #+BIND: org-latex-title-command "" > > \pagestyle{empty} > > > * test > > #+begin_center > #+attr_latex: :width \textwidth > [[./tux.png]] > #+end_center > > #+end_src > > I downloaded this image as tux.png (same directory as the test file): > http://post.putorius.net/images/originaltux.png > > > Hope that helps a bit, > John > > > > > For HTML export, the image comes out wider than the screen on my MacBook > > 13-inch. Has anyone had success using a lightbox-style plugin with org > HTML > > export? Ideally I wouldn't have to use image links with a "rel" tag, > which > > would break the LaTeX images. > > > > For HTML export, does anyone have a way to automatically turn all images > > into lightbox-style image links that would expand to full screen on > click? > > (Or maybe even a jQuery way to expand images on click without even using > > href links? But again, something that would do this to all images in the > > document, ideally without the need to hand-tag each image.) > > > > Thanks! >