On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM, J. David Boyd wrote: > Julien Cubizolles writes: > > > Eric Schulte writes: > > > >> Julien Cubizolles writes: > >> > >>> I'm new to babel and I'm experiencing a strange problem. A > >>> src_block created with " >>> in. Here is an example: > >>> > >> > >> Try "TAB > > > That's what I was doing but it seems the problem lies with > > org-indent-mode and is also present with regular text. Apparently, > > disabling and re-enabling seems to fix it. I'll investigate further. > > > > Julien. > > I change my mode to whatever my src is in when I want indenting to work > properly, then change it back when I want to see it as an org file again. > > Dave > > > I've brought this up before, but I think there's value in SRC blocks /not/ being indented, and in fact, I would love it if there were a way to make the contents of the SRC blocks /not/ be indented (as opposed to the default 2 space offset). Whitespace often matters, particularly when working with Python, and every now and then I find myself having to manually delete the extra spacing when pasting code into the Python interpreter. Other times I want to paste code snippets from SRC blocks into source files -- again, indentation gets in the way. I agree that it's aesthetically appealing, but my workflow would be easier without it. --Leo