* Getting rid of org-install.el
@ 2022-06-28 16:35 Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2022-06-28 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

org-install.el has been obsolete for more than 10 years.

To finally get rid of this file, I put it to you that all we need to do is:

1. Move it in emacs.git from lisp/org/org-install.el to
lisp/obsolete/org-install.el
2. Delete the file from org-mode.git

This means that all users (of old and new versions) will have a bundled
org-install.el so that requiring it still works, but on Emacs 29 or later
you will get the usual obsoletion warnings.  The file would finally be
removed from emacs.git in another decade or so according to current Emacs
maintenance practices.

What do you think?