My goal is to export SVG files of TikZ drawings in HTML. Now, what follows is a bit of a rant on `org-babel-execute:latex`; let's go through the options: - You're exporting to PNG without imagemagick: This uses `org-create-formula-image` which works really well, but it discards the options of the LaTeX block (fit, width, height, ...), including headers. It also fails to *force* using 'dvipng as processing type, so if `org-preview-latex-default-process` has been changed, it may be confusing. Finally, it uses `in-buffer` to render LaTeX as if it were in the buffer, which is not what the user would want since they are exporting to html (as a result, I get a black background on my pictures, since my buffer background is black). - You're exporting to PNG with imagemagick or to PDF: This may work. Sadly, "#+LATEX_HEADER:" is ignored, though it is in the previous case. - You're exporting to HTML. This uses htlatex—it's very rarely functional, but eh, you asked for TeX to HTML, and pdf2htmlEX seems unmaintained, so expect chaos. - You're exporting to SVG. This… uses htlatex? Why in paradise? org-create-formula-image would do that *brilliantly. *In any case, I can't seem to make it work: my fonts are always disappearing. So what do I do? I use the attached patch, that bypasses `htlatex` and uses the oh-so-working `org-create-formula-image`. This, of course, is not a complete solution—this whole function is messy at best, buggy at worst—but in the meantime, I can finally export my pictures to SVG (end result: https://autoboz.org/open-problems/19.1-ccra/). If anyone has an opinion on what to do with this situation, I'd be happy to help. Cheers, M.