On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Alan Schmitt wrote: > Hi Eduardo, > > eduardoochs@gmail.com writes: > > > I am the author of eev... > > Nice! I knew I had seen you around here ;-) > > > How can I help? > > Your message already answered one question I had, but I have still one > pending. > > > I still know far less about org-mode than I would like to - maybe > > because I have been using Emacs in a very idiosyncratic way for ages > > 8-\ - but it seems trivial to create code blocks that can be executed > > by both org and eev. Here is a example - just replace each "*" > > below with a real char 15. > > This was my first question: '*' are not '*' so they won't interfere with > org-mode. This is great. (Quick question: how do I enter such a char 15 > star?) > > > ;; 3. Now the "char 15"s will be displayed as red star glyphs, and the > > ;; code block above can be executed both with org's `C-c C-c' and with > > ;; eev's . Try to type on each line below, starting on the > > ;; first one with the "(eepitch-shell)": > > > > * (eepitch-shell) > > * (eepitch-kill) > > * (eepitch-shell) > > #+begin_src sh > > rm -Rv /tmp/eev/ > > mkdir /tmp/eev/ > > cd /tmp/eev/ > > wget http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev2.tgz > > tar -xvzf eev2.tgz > > #+end_src > > This works great because '#' is a comment prefix for shell, so the > begin_src lines won't be processed. I want to use eev with other > toplevels, and so I cannot rely on this. Is it possible to tweak eepitch > so that lines starting with #+begin_src and #+end_src are not sent at > all? > > Thanks, > > Alan > About the char 15s / red stars: I spent many years inserting them all "by hand" with C-q C-o... Now there is an easier way to create what I call "eepitch blocks", which are the things like these: * (eepitch-foobar) * (eepitch-kill) * (eepitch-foobar) The "easier way" is to create an eepitch block for "foobar" as above is to type "foobar" in a line and then type M-T (meta-shift-t). Note that all these things are explained here, (find-eepitch-intro) http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eepitch-intro.html and that we should definitely create a sandboxed tutorial like that for using eev with Org... I'm saying "we" just because I'll need help with (at least) some details! About ignoring the "#+" lines: this can be done by changing eepitch-comment-regexp, but there a default way that already works, which is to skip the "#+" lines with instead of typing on them... Cheers! Eduardo