On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Kaushal Modi wrote: > On Fri, Oct 20, 2017, 5:43 PM Kaushal Modi wrote: > >> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 5:15 PM Eric Abrahamsen >> wrote: >> >>> The template really only inserts the block type, not anything specific >>> like the source language or export backend. >> >> >> Right, but based on the code you have, you can easily add "SRC org", "SRC >> emacs-lisp" to the default value of that list. Looking at that, users can >> also get an idea that they can add their favorite languages to that list >> too. >> >> >>> I think prompting for >>> "second-level" information like that might be a little overkill. >>> >> >> I second that. The first-level prompt also feels a bit slow, honestly, >> compared to using easy templates like "> (just an example) to insert the, well, EXAMPLE block as usual. But *if >> region is selected*, it does the wrapping as in your code. >> >> This is what I mean (GIF animation): >> >> https://i.imgur.com/201TISW.gifv >> >> I use hydra to provide those awesome hints.. but the same can be done >> without hydras too. >> > > Hello all, > > Above, I suggested merging the template insertion function with the > current easy template code. > > With that, the easy template behavior will remain unchanged if no region > is selected. But if a region is selected, the same template (example: " Will wrap that region with that template. > I Kaustal, I am not sure I understand, at least with transient-region turned on. Typing > I also have a GIF showing that behavior in action (linked in my previous > reply). > > Benefits: > - Quicker as there are no prompts.. the user simply types the template > string as configured by them. > - Also one doesn't need to do a context switch to use a different binding > based on if region is selected or not. > > @Eric: I believe you were sort of onboard with this suggestion, just gated > by a doubt if this actually can make into master. > > So, checking with Nicolas, and the thread if the proposed behavior change > with easy templates (only when region is selected) would be accepted. > >> -- > > Kaushal Modi >