Hi all, one question that was asked: How much donations come in? That varies. Some month it is $10, occasionally it can be $100. What Bastien and I have done in the past is use this money in a more or less private way. I think Bastien has at some point replaced his laptop in this way, and all in all I have done the same, I think. This felt OK previously, but it is not longer the right thing as far as I am concerned. I have seen a few good ideas here. 1. Send it to the FSF. That is a possibility, but lets first try to do something more Org specific 2. A Mug for every contributor. Stretches the available budget, and is work. We could make a list of contributors and start from the most commits or something. 3. Help organise a conference. That would be a very good goal. Are there any plans to organise a conference? 4. Redistribute to the most active developers for lighting up their day. I propose the following: Starting March 1, I will report here the donations I get once a month, and we will keep track of it and find a good way to spend it. So far this month: $66. Lets revisit the discussion in 2 or three months. Maybe by then there will be plans for a conference, if not, we see. - Carsten On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 8:55 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: > Here's an impractical option. I see roughly 280 different contributors > to Org-mode. > > git log|grep "^Author"|sed 's/^.*: //;s/<.*$//'|less|sort|uniq|less > > Maybe buy every contributor an Org-mode mug? > > -- > Eric Schulte > https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte > PGP: 0x614CA05D > >