* Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-07 15:24 Carsten Dominik
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2014-04-07 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

Hi everyone,

per May 1st, I would like to swing the official maintainership back to
Bastien, who has agreed to this change.  This really only means putting
facts onto websites, because Bastien has in effect been doing this job all
the time - I have unfortunately been unable to make time free to contribute
here in any meaningful way, for which I apologise. I trust that an
overwhelming majority of you will have not objections to this step

Regards

- Carsten

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-07 21:57 ` cesar mena
       [not found] ` <873doxwzov.fsf@ucl.ac.uk>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: cesar mena @ 2014-04-07 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode list

hi guys,

are we going to get the "just when i thought i was out they pull me back
in" video?

:)

-cesar

@ 2014-04-08  5:43   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2014-04-08  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik, org-mode list

Thanks Eric!

- Carsten

@ 2014-04-08  7:40 ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-04-08  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode list

> Hi everyone,
>
> per May 1st, I would like to swing the official maintainership back to
> Bastien, who has agreed to this change.  This really only means putting
> facts onto websites, because Bastien has in effect been doing this job all
> the time - I have unfortunately been unable to make time free to contribute
> here in any meaningful way, for which I apologise. I trust that an
> overwhelming majority of you will have not objections to this step

To make this overwhelming majority not to silent, I have no objections
at all.

Thanks for all the hard work you and Bastien have put into org.

Rainer

> Regards
>
> - Carsten

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-08  8:03   ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2014-04-08  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> per May 1st, I would like to swing the official maintainership back to
>> Bastien, who has agreed to this change.  This really only means putting
>> facts onto websites, because Bastien has in effect been doing this job all
>> the time - I have unfortunately been unable to make time free to contribute
>> here in any meaningful way, for which I apologise. I trust that an
>> overwhelming majority of you will have not objections to this step
>
> To make this overwhelming majority not to silent, I have no objections
> at all.
>
> Thanks for all the hard work you and Bastien have put into org.

Another big thank you from a not-so-silent user!

atb

Glyn

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-08  8:15   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-04-08  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:

>> per May 1st, I would like to swing the official maintainership back to
>> Bastien, who has agreed to this change.

> To make this overwhelming majority not to silent, I have no objections
> at all.

> Thanks for all the hard work you and Bastien have put into org.

1+

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-08 13:29     ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin @ 2014-04-08 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8 April 2014 04:03, Glyn Millington <glyn.millington@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
> > Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> per May 1st, I would like to swing the official maintainership back to
> >> Bastien, who has agreed to this change.  This really only means putting
> >> facts onto websites, because Bastien has in effect been doing this job
> all
> >> the time - I have unfortunately been unable to make time free to
> contribute
> >> here in any meaningful way, for which I apologise. I trust that an
> >> overwhelming majority of you will have not objections to this step
> >
> > To make this overwhelming majority not to silent, I have no objections
> > at all.
> >
> > Thanks for all the hard work you and Bastien have put into org.
>
> Another big thank you from a not-so-silent user!
>
> atb
>

> Glyn
>

> Another thank you to both of you for your hard work.  And absolutely no
objections to the change.

Jon

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-09  8:04     ` David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2014-04-09  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

Hi,

it has been some time I've switched to org for all my life agenda. I
have to say that it is a perfect tool and I cannot imagine my life
without it any more. Thanks for all this excellent sw, I guess we all
know how much effort one has to invest into the software development to
make it ergonomic and usable, especially when we talk about something
what is developed for free in someone's spare time.

.d.

@ 2014-04-09  8:33       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-04-09  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Belohrad; +Cc: org-mode list

On Wednesday,  9 Apr 2014 at 09:04, David Belohrad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it has been some time I've switched to org for all my life agenda. I
> have to say that it is a perfect tool and I cannot imagine my life
> without it any more.

I just tried to imagine this.  I cannot even remember the whole set of
tools and procedures that org has replaced for me but, at the very
least:

org >= eclipse + hnb + tkremind + latex(auctex) + sc + ?

The only thing it hasn't replaced is gnus but at least that's also in
emacs!  Mind you, it's helped even there with org-mime-htmlize for
communicating sometimes with those people that love HTML email... ;-)

Back to work now!  Using org, of course, as I'm writing a funding
proposal.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.5h-888-g798bb8

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-10 11:29       ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-04-10 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 09:29:46AM -0400, Jonathan Leech-Pepin schrieb:
> > Another thank you to both of you for your hard work.  And absolutely no
> objections to the change.

+1

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-10 13:28         ` Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte @ 2014-04-10 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Another +1

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Department of Biochemistry, Lab B-25

Phone: +34-91-497-2412

Email: rdiaz02@gmail.com
       ramon.diaz@iib.uam.es

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz

* Fwd:  Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-11 10:30         ` Stefan Vollmar
From: Stefan Vollmar @ 2014-04-11 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

+1

Begin forwarded message:

--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Head of IT group

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Fwd:  Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-11 12:59           ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2014-04-11 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

+1

Am 11.04.2014 12:30, schrieb Stefan Vollmar:
> +1
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Igor Sosa Mayor <joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [O] Maintainer change on May 1st
>> Date: 10. April 2014 13:29:16 MESZ
>> To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

>>> objections to the change.
>>
>> +1

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-04-19  9:33 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-19  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode list

Hi Carsten,

now that I'm down the pile of email I was late on, let me say I'm
glad to be "officially" back -- it was a great relief to be able to
not be in charge for a year, it helped me to step back and do a lot
of other things.

So thanks for the switch one year earlier, and for this one!

Let's keep Org awesome all together.

--
 Bastien, who sounds a bit like a cheerleader now

* Re: Maintainer change on May 1st
@ 2014-04-19 15:02   ` Takaaki ISHIKAWA
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA @ 2014-04-19 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org-mode list, Carsten Dominik