I have pushed these changes now. Carsten On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:24 AM Carsten Dominik wrote: > Hi, > > I have been looking at the code for the command org-todo in combination > with the setting of the variable org-use-fast-todo-selection. And I am > frustrated with the complication and special cases, so I would like to > simplify. Much of this complication stems from a time when the fast > selection interface had just been implemented and I was not yet sure if I > and others wanted to use it. I think things can be better. > > But that does changes something with the user interface, so I am trying to > figure out if anyone would be bothered by this change. > > 1. Right now, you can set org-use-fast-todo-selection to `prefix'. With > this setting, fast todo keyword selection is used when you call org-todo > with a prefix argument. I think this is not useful and I would like to > remove that functionality. Is anyone even aware of this effect of C-u and > is using this? > > 2. I want to change org-use-fast-todo-selection to allow these values: > - nil Never use it > - auto Use it, if keys have been defined. This would make it > similar > to the tags selection. I would accept the value `t' to > mean the same, > for backward compatibility > - expert Use it, but do not pop up the window with the selections, > only show them in the prompt (or don't show them at all, am still > considering). This is because I have been bothered by the jumping windows > when I do a selection that I do so many times a day, and where I know the > keys blindly. > > The default setting would be `auto'. I myself would be using `expert'. > > 3. I want to make `C-u C-c C-t' to switch the TODO state and force logging > a time stamp and taking a note. I am already using that functionality (now > harder to access, on `C-u C-u C-u C-c C-t'), I find it very natural and I > think it is often better than configuring automatic note-taking for every > change, at least for my working environment. Automatic note-taking slows > me down too often. > > Any comments? > > Thanks > > - Carsten > > > >