On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Carsten Dominik writes: > > > Another way to implement this would be to use different VALUES for the > > DATE_TREE/WEEK_TREE property - maybe that would actually be a somewhat > > cleaner implementation. > > I think ":DATE_TREE: week" ":DATE_TREE: t" is cleaner, indeed. > This is not quite what I meant. I meant :DATE_TREE: my_diary :DATE_TREE: food_and_health :DATE_TREE: movies watched > > > I'll rethink that and I will also define a test. > > I also agree there's an opportunity to refactor this and come out with > a more generic interface. > > Yet another option is to define new capture targets, e.g. > > - file+datetree+olp > - file+datetree+olp+date > - file+datetree+regexp > - file+datetree+regexp+date > - ... > - file+weektree+olp > - ... > > Those would ignore WEEK_TREE and DATE_TREE properties altogether. > Yes, one could have additional ways - but I am not going to take out the existing ones, which would needlessly break things with various users. Another thing I was thinking is a way to force prompting for a date, for example through a prefix argument, so that a single capture template could be used for using the current date and optionally a set one. Carsten > > Regards, > > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >