On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 11:13 AM Christian Moe wrote: > > Tim Cross writes: > > > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > > > >>> Does it actually need a key binding? I've never used it and just use > >>> to move to the next field, leaving the field blank. > >> > >> I assume it's meant for blanking a field you've already typed something > >> into. But yes, I can't imagine it's a heavily-used command, and I > >> suspect the C-c binding is mostly mnemonic: "make this field > >> contain only blanks". > >> > > > > I guess that makes sense, but not convinced the use of a valuable key > > binding is justified given the need. Then again, others probably have > > vastly different use cases to mine. > > One can also blank a field by pressing immediately after tabbing > into it. So C-c isn't strictly needed. > Hi, I think there would be minimal impact from releasing this key binding. So I think we could remove it. Carsten > > (Though since you typically discover you want to blank a field only when > you're actually in it, it can help shave a few seconds off your day that > you'd otherwise use to move out of the field you want to blank and tab > back in ... which is how I've done this until now, being unaware of C-c > ). > > Yours, > Christian > >