Hello everyone, by reading the suggestions from this list, I prepared an example the Org headers one could use to write Japanese in Org, with or without furigana signs. It's available at this address, under the "furigana-example" section: https://github.com/thesoftwarebin/the-emacs-software-bin It's there mainly as a reminder to myself, and it's obviously not perfect, but I just wanted to share. In my environment (Win 7 + Emacs 24.3 + a recent Org + a newbie user at the console) the Org file produces proper export to HTML and PDF output, hope it may work for other users interested in Japanese writing too. Kindest regards, Andrea