* Org-hide face leaking out to org-columns view
@ 2014-05-10 11:35 Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2014-05-10 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

It seems that if you use

#+STARTUP: indent

the org-hide face used for the hidden stars will remain when using the
org-columns view, resulting on, in my case, white on gray.

Is there a workaround to this that I’m not thinking of?

* Re: Org-hide face leaking out to org-columns view
@ 2014-05-12  9:37 ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2014-05-12  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Nikolai Weibull <now@disu.se> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It seems that if you use
>
> #+STARTUP: indent
>
> the org-hide face used for the hidden stars will remain when using the
> org-columns view, resulting on, in my case, white on gray.

To clarify, this leaks out over the whole item, not just the stars,
making the whole item column hard to read.

@ 2014-05-21  2:35   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-21  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Weibull; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nikolai,

Nikolai Weibull <now@disu.se> writes:

>> It seems that if you use
>>
>> #+STARTUP: indent
>>
>> the org-hide face used for the hidden stars will remain when using the
>> org-columns view, resulting on, in my case, white on gray.
>
> To clarify, this leaks out over the whole item, not just the stars,
> making the whole item column hard to read.
>
>> Is there a workaround to this that I’m not thinking of?

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Can you send a small picture?

In any case, here with Org 8.2.6 I don't see a problem: both the
indentation and the hiding of the stars are canceled when using the
column view.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org-hide face leaking out to org-columns view
@ 2014-05-21  9:05     ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2014-05-21  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Nikolai,
>
> Nikolai Weibull <now@disu.se> writes:
>
>>> It seems that if you use
>>>
>>> #+STARTUP: indent
>>>
>>> the org-hide face used for the hidden stars will remain when using the
>>> org-columns view, resulting on, in my case, white on gray.
>>
>> To clarify, this leaks out over the whole item, not just the stars,
>> making the whole item column hard to read.
>>
>>> Is there a workaround to this that I’m not thinking of?

> I'm not sure I understand the problem.
>
> Can you send a small picture?
>
> In any case, here with Org 8.2.6 I don't see a problem: both the
> indentation and the hiding of the stars are canceled when using the
> column view.

Yes, the hiding of the stars is cancelled, but it seems that the
org-hide face is still being applied and leaking unto the whole
headline.  I got around this by adjusting the org-column face.

* Re: Org-hide face leaking out to org-columns view
@ 2014-05-21 11:31       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-21 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Weibull; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nikolai,

Nikolai Weibull <now@disu.se> writes:

> Yes, the hiding of the stars is cancelled, but it seems that the
> org-hide face is still being applied and leaking unto the whole
> headline.  I got around this by adjusting the org-column face.

Thanks for the follow-up -- I'd still be interested by a screenshot to
better understand what happens with the default face.  Thanks in advance,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org-hide face leaking out to org-columns view
@ 2014-05-21 13:48         ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2014-05-21 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Nikolai Weibull <now@disu.se> writes:
>
>> Yes, the hiding of the stars is cancelled, but it seems that the
>> org-hide face is still being applied and leaking unto the whole
>> headline.  I got around this by adjusting the org-column face.
>
> Thanks for the follow-up -- I'd still be interested by a screenshot to
> better understand what happens with the default face.  Thanks in advance,

Here’s a screen-shot of how org-hide, which sets foreground to white, leaks.

[-- Attachment #2: Org.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 7939 bytes --]

* Re: Org-hide face leaking out to org-columns view
@ 2014-05-21 13:51           ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2014-05-21 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Nikolai Weibull <now@disu.se> wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>
>> Nikolai Weibull <now@disu.se> writes:
>>
>>> Yes, the hiding of the stars is cancelled, but it seems that the
>>> org-hide face is still being applied and leaking unto the whole
>>> headline.  I got around this by adjusting the org-column face.
>>
>> Thanks for the follow-up -- I'd still be interested by a screenshot to
>> better understand what happens with the default face.  Thanks in advance,
>
> Here’s a screen-shot of how org-hide, which sets foreground to white, leaks.

Oh, and here’s the output of C-u C-x =, which might help:

             position: 25567 of 32560 (79%), column: 0
            character: * (displayed as ** TODO Show Bastien erroneous
=org-hide= face application                       | ) (codepoint 42,
#o52, #x2a)
    preferred charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
code point in charset: 0x2A
               syntax: _        which means: symbol
             category: .:Base, a:ASCII, l:Latin, r:Roman
             to input: type "C-x 8 RET HEX-CODEPOINT" or "C-x 8 RET NAME"
          buffer code: #x2A
            file code: #x2A (encoded by coding system utf-8-unix)
              display: terminal code #x2A

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: ASTERISK
  general-category: Po (Punctuation, Other)
  decomposition: (42) ('*')

There is an overlay here:
 From 25567 to 25568
  display              [Show]
  face                 ((:foreground unspecified) (:height 1 :family
"default") org-column org-level-2)
  keymap               [Show]
  line-prefix          ""
  org-columns-format   "%-80.80s | "
  org-columns-key      "ITEM"
  org-columns-pom      nil
  org-columns-value    "** TODO Show Bastien erroneous =org-hide= face
application"
  org-columns-value-modified [Show]
  wrap-prefix          ""

There are text properties here:
  face                 org-hide
  fontified            t
  line-prefix          [Show]
  org-category         [Show]
  org-category-position 1
  org-summaries        (("Effort" . ""))
  read-only            "Type `e' to edit property"
  wrap-prefix          [Show]

[back]