I have a feature request that I'm wondering whether it would be suitable. The idea is to add a new protocol that looks like "org-protocol://goto-heading?id=UUID-HERE" that jumps to the specified Org heading in Emacs. The implementation is really simple: ;;;###autoload (defun goto-heading (arg) "Org protocol handler for navigating to Org headings. ARG is a property list." (org-id-goto (plist-get arg :id)) (raise-frame)) (then add the appropriate item to org-protocol-protocol-alist-default) The use case for this is to be able to link to Org headings from external programs, e.g., Google Docs.