On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 8:39 AM Allen Li wrote: > > Kyle Meyer writes: > > > That looks good as far as fixing the misbehavior you report. I wonder > > though whether there's a deeper org-get-tags issue here worth > > considering. Its documentation says > > > > ... the returned list of tags contains tags in this order: file > > tags, tags inherited from parent headlines, local tags. > > > > But it's not specified what happens when a tag is both local and > > inherited. The current implementation drops the local tag variant > > through its delete-dups call: > > > > (delete-dups > > (append (org-remove-uninherited-tags itags) ltags)) > > > > I would have expected the local tag to get priority here. If that were > > the case (e.g., something like below), that would also solve the issue > > you describe. > > > > Thoughts? > > That sounds reasonable, let me prepare a new patch. Attached new patch