I am trying to use `org-edit-src-code` to edit an `asymptote` source code block. By default, this editing is done in a temporary buffer. However, trying to execute the file using `asy-compile` gives an error: file-name-sans-extension: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil As asy-compile works with standalone files with the asy extension, I thought that the error was because it required a buffer with an asy extension. I set the optional parameters according to the docstring (defun rc/org-edit-src-code () "Set file name for org-edit-src-code." (interactive) (org-edit-src-code (org-element-property :value (org-element-at-point)) "tmp.asy" )) and on calling this function, the editing buffer opens with the filename 'tmp.asy' and the correct source code block contents, but I still get the same error on calling `asy-compile`. I would appreciate any suggestions to fix this problem.