Hi Tom, Thanks for your patience. I did finally figure out what I was doing wrong. I was using org-export-as-latex-to-buffer (which uses the default exporter) instead of org-e-latex-export-as-latex or org-e-latex-export-to-pdf. However, I am still unable to set something like ':align rr' using org-e-export-as-html; it defaults to left alignment (the latex export works fine). One of the reasons I am trying out the new exporter is to be able to use booktabs and hopefully the threeparttable package which makes inclusion of footnotes convenient (I prefer ctable but this probably requires a different approach as it is implemented as a command). Have you tried to use either of these packages? Thanks. On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote: > Aloha RCY, > > Here is a (too long) working example that shows how to pass attributes. > See especially :align, where you've passed a symbol instead of a string. > Note that the new exporter is still in contrib and that at this stage in > its life is documented in the code and in some messages and > announcements that Nicolas Goaziou sent to the mailing list. It is still > necessary to refer to these scattered sources to learn about the new > exporter. > >