* [Assistance Needed] View only prioritized items that have a deadline or or scheduled
@ 2012-08-01  0:48 Andre Powell
From: Andre Powell @ 2012-08-01  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was wondering if someone could help me out with the following. I am
trying to create a custom agenda view that shows me items that have a
priority and either a scheduled date or deadline. This is what I have tried
but it does not seem to work.

("x" "Daily Scheduled Task" tags-todo "+PRIORITY={A\\|B\\|C}"
((org-agenda-skip-function (quote (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote
notscheduled) (quote notdeadline))))))

The ideal situation would be to have task show up  that are scheduled to
begin either today or before today.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
--
Andre

* Re: [Assistance Needed] View only prioritized items that have a deadline or or scheduled
@ 2012-08-01  9:23 ` François Allisson
From: François Allisson @ 2012-08-01  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre Powell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Le mardi 31 jui 2012 à 20:48:02 (-0400), Andre Powell a écrit :
> I was wondering if someone could help me out with the following. I am trying to
> create a custom agenda view that shows me items that have a priority and either
> a scheduled date or deadline. This is what I have tried but it does not seem to
> work.
>
> ("x" "Daily Scheduled Task" tags-todo "+PRIORITY={A\\|B\\|C}"
> ((org-agenda-skip-function (quote (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote
> notscheduled) (quote notdeadline))))))
>

> The ideal situation would be to have task show up  that are scheduled to begin
> either today or before today.
>

> Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
> --
> Andre

Hi Andre,

I can't help you with your tags-todo view. But your ideal situation
remembers me more an agenda than a tags-todo view. What about:

;; Custom agenda-views
(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
  '(

    ;; other custom agenda views

    ("x" "Daily Scheduled Task"
      ((agenda ""
        ((org-agenda-span 1)
         (org-agenda-entry-types '(:deadline :scheduled))
            ;; only deadline and scheduled
         (org-deadline-warning-days 0)
            ;; you didn't specified how you wanted your deadline to
	    ;; appear. If only today and overdued items, set 0 as
	    ;; above; if you want to see them 30 days ahead, set 30; etc.
            ;; By default, scheduled items appear only for today and
            ;; past days (if todo item not done)
         (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote ((agenda time-up priority-down category-up tag-up))))
            ;; Set your sorting strategy
         ; other options like (org-agenda-time-grid nil), etc.
     ))))

))

This should do /almost/ what you want: It shows only deadline and
scheduled items, and you can sort by priority.

But there is one thing that I do not understand in your request (I do
not use priorities). Do you have items *with* deadline/schedule date
*and* no priority, that you don't want to see in your custom agenda
view? Can you explain me the idea behind?

Because in that case, this would not do the trick. By default, *all*
items have a priority of B (see org-default-priority). What you could
decide is to redefine the priority set (org-lowest-priority and
org-highest-priority) by introducing a priority D, and decide to let
org-default-priority be D.

Best,

François.

* Re: [Assistance Needed] View only prioritized items that have a deadline or or scheduled
@ 2012-08-02 11:38   ` Andre Powell
From: Andre Powell @ 2012-08-02 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode