Hi, Moving from an emacs with an old org-mode (6.33) to the latest stable one currently (8.3.2), I noticed two changes which made me out of my comfort area. 1. Demoting/promoting a header now changes the indentation of text below. I reverted to the previous mode with '(setf org-adapt-indentation nil)' in ~/.emacs, and that's fine but I mentioned it in case it has an impact on point#2. 2. 'M-x fill-region' does not fill custom lists as before. In the previous version, I could select and fill several mixed paragraphs/lists directly. For example, filling the following block (without --- separator added as a delimiter in this message) --------------- # a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong comment a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence that should be filled over 2 lines - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence that should be filled over 2 lines --------------- resulted in (version 6.33): --------------- # a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong comment a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence that should be filled over 2 lines - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence that should be filled over 2 lines --------------- and now results in (version 8.3.2): --------------- # a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong comment a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence that should be filled over 2 lines - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines - a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong item that should be filled over 2 lines a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence that should be filled over 2 lines --------------- Lists are not filled anymore and I have to select each list entry and fill it individually to get the same output. So my questions are: - Is there any simple way to revert to the previous mode with a variable? - Else, could you explain briefly where I should look if I want to understand why the filling is skipped in this case, and eventually change it if I cannot change my mind and adapt to this different behavior? I had a look at function (org.el:23249 org-setup-filling) but I am not sure this is the right location. Thanks, and have a nice day.