* "org-sort" doesn't work properly on active region
@ 2011-11-09 18:06 York Zhao
From: York Zhao @ 2011-11-09 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

When using "org-sort" on a selected region, it doesn't work properly, I expected
it to sort all the headlines in the region, however, not only does the region
get sorted but also, the headlines get sorted are being combinded into one line
which I don't think is correct. Hopefully somebody will take a look on
this issue.

Thanks

* Re: "org-sort" doesn't work properly on active region
@ 2011-11-09 18:23 ` Nick Dokos
       [not found]   ` <CAD3zm20uXb=fVbzg19gGRSmF56P+qifsmvGT=uuZEZHaJ6qMXQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-11-09 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: York Zhao; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

York Zhao <gtdplatform@gmail.com> wrote:

> When using "org-sort" on a selected region, it doesn't work properly, I expected
> it to sort all the headlines in the region, however, not only does the region
> get sorted but also, the headlines get sorted are being combinded into one line
> which I don't think is correct. Hopefully somebody will take a look on
> this issue.

Can't reproduce it with Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.513.g2a5877)

Please provide emacs version, org-mode version, an ECM (minimal example file)
and the steps you follow *in detail*.

* Fwd:  "org-sort" doesn't work properly on active region
       [not found]   ` <CAD3zm20uXb=fVbzg19gGRSmF56P+qifsmvGT=uuZEZHaJ6qMXQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-11-09 19:19     ` York Zhao
       [not found]     ` <5836.1320864235@alphaville.americas.hpqcorp.net>
From: York Zhao @ 2011-11-09 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> When using "org-sort" on a selected region, it doesn't work properly, I expected
>> it to sort all the headlines in the region, however, not only does the region
>> get sorted but also, the headlines get sorted are being combinded into one line
>> which I don't think is correct. Hopefully somebody will take a look on
>> this issue.
>>

> Can't reproduce it with Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.513.g2a5877)
>
> Please provide emacs version, org-mode version, an ECM (minimal example file)
> and the steps you follow *in detail*.

Thanks for the reply, my emacs version is v23.3.1, I'm using the org-mode from
git, commit "a4273c" (probably the latest).

York

@ 2011-11-09 19:47       ` York Zhao
       [not found]       ` <CAD3zm23tjEBf76i6VcrzU9JHgBM4R-+JYev3-PmfvWgLQK0=ww@mail.gmail.com>
From: York Zhao @ 2011-11-09 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> 4) I still cannot reproduce the problem, even with latest git.

It turns out that this was my own configuration problem and not a bug, I
apologize for the false report and appreciate Nick's help.

Thanks,

York

* Re: "org-sort" doesn't work properly on active region
       [not found]         ` <7872.1320868638@alphaville.americas.hpqcorp.net>
@ 2011-11-09 20:55           ` York Zhao
From: York Zhao @ 2011-11-09 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> an ECM is a minimal example file: a small org file that shows the problem, as
> small as you can make it and still have it show the problem.

Thanks Nick