* org-ref for html and blog ?
@ 2020-06-07 13:12 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2020-06-07 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi everybody,

The package org-ref  is a wonderful tool and I do not imagine working
without its helps now (again many thanks to John Kitchin).

But for some days now I meet a problem with bibliography html export
with org-ref and I cannot no more use org-export-head that I used for
my blog (https://github.com/itf/org-export-head thanks again to Ivan)
: as soon as there is a bibliographical reference, emacs loops.

I guess that the problem is very probably in my emacs setup but I do
not find the solution.

I would be happy to find help with html export with bibliographical
references, and advices for the best solution for blogging with emacs
(I've just tried Jekyll with org, but the problem with export
bibliographical reference is the same, my emacs loops.)

In advance, thanks for your help, because I am lost.

Jo.

* Re: org-ref for html and blog ?
@ 2020-06-07 14:22 ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2020-06-07 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Simonyi András

Hi again,

I just discovered that my problem came from citeproc-org

More exactly I had these lines in my init.el

(require 'citeproc)
(require 'citeproc-org)
(citeproc-org-setup)
(setq citeproc-org-html-bib-header "<h2>References</h2>\n")
(setq citeproc-org-default-style-file "~/Dropbox/Orgzly/ieee-with-url.csl")

The function (citeproc-org-setup) is the responsible of this new problem.

Sorry Andras to bother you with this problem with your package. I hope
that you will have a solution.

Best wishes,

Jo.

Le dim. 7 juin 2020 à 15:12, Joseph Vidal-Rosset
<joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi everybody,
>
> The package org-ref  is a wonderful tool and I do not imagine working
> without its helps now (again many thanks to John Kitchin).
>
> But for some days now I meet a problem with bibliography html export
> with org-ref and I cannot no more use org-export-head that I used for
> my blog (https://github.com/itf/org-export-head thanks again to Ivan)
> : as soon as there is a bibliographical reference, emacs loops.
>
> I guess that the problem is very probably in my emacs setup but I do
> not find the solution.
>
> I would be happy to find help with html export with bibliographical
> references, and advices for the best solution for blogging with emacs
> (I've just tried Jekyll with org, but the problem with export
> bibliographical reference is the same, my emacs loops.)
>
> In advance, thanks for your help, because I am lost.
>
> Jo.

* Re: org-ref for html and blog ?
@ 2020-06-08 12:13   ` András Simonyi
From: András Simonyi @ 2020-06-08 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Joseph,

this is rather mysterious. I tried to reproduce the bug: Downloaded
the ieee-with-url.csl style you are using and cloned the
org-export-head repository. Added some bibliographic references to the
blog entries in the example blog.org file, and... the whole export
with org-export-head ran without errors and the references and
bibliographies were formatted properly in the resulting html files.

So I guess first we should try to find a minimal working example for
the bug that I can reproduce. Could you send an example where you add
just a single citation to the example blog.org file without any other
modifications and the org-export-head export hangs because of this?
It'd be also helpful if you could send the corresponding BibTeX entry
plus perhaps the Emacs and Org version numbers. Also, perhaps it'd be
worth trying out whether switching to other csl styles (e.g., the
Chicago style shipped with citeproc-org) make any difference.

best regards,

András

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 at 16:23, Joseph Vidal-Rosset
<joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I just discovered that my problem came from citeproc-org
>
> More exactly I had these lines in my init.el
>
> (require 'citeproc)
> (require 'citeproc-org)
> (citeproc-org-setup)
> (setq citeproc-org-html-bib-header "<h2>References</h2>\n")
> (setq citeproc-org-default-style-file "~/Dropbox/Orgzly/ieee-with-url.csl")
>
> The function (citeproc-org-setup) is the responsible of this new problem.
>
> Sorry Andras to bother you with this problem with your package. I hope
> that you will have a solution.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jo.
>
> Le dim. 7 juin 2020 à 15:12, Joseph Vidal-Rosset
> <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > The package org-ref  is a wonderful tool and I do not imagine working
> > without its helps now (again many thanks to John Kitchin).
> >
> > But for some days now I meet a problem with bibliography html export
> > with org-ref and I cannot no more use org-export-head that I used for
> > my blog (https://github.com/itf/org-export-head thanks again to Ivan)
> > : as soon as there is a bibliographical reference, emacs loops.
> >
> > I guess that the problem is very probably in my emacs setup but I do
> > not find the solution.
> >
> > I would be happy to find help with html export with bibliographical
> > references, and advices for the best solution for blogging with emacs
> > (I've just tried Jekyll with org, but the problem with export
> > bibliographical reference is the same, my emacs loops.)
> >
> > In advance, thanks for your help, because I am lost.
> >
> > Jo.

* Re: org-ref for html and blog ?
@ 2020-06-09 13:35     ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2020-06-09 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: András Simonyi; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear Andras,

I just made test with less packages and the problem is not linked at
all with org-export-head. In fact html export is no more possible with
my emacs as soon as

M-x citeproc-org-setup

is done.

Here are the list of packages:

Emacs 26.3
 org                9.1.9         built-in     (but the problem is the
same with a more recent version of org).
 org-bullets        20200317.1740 installed
  org-context        20200418.1540 installed
  org-mime           20200520.1100 installed
  org-plus-contrib   20200608      installed
  outorg             20190720.2002 installed
  ox-pandoc          20180510.1338 installed
 org-ref            20200606.1848 dependency
  citeproc-org       0.2.2         installed
 citeproc           20200305.2126 dependency

Best wishes,

Jo.

Le lun. 8 juin 2020 à 14:13, András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Joseph,
>
> this is rather mysterious. I tried to reproduce the bug: Downloaded
> the ieee-with-url.csl style you are using and cloned the
> org-export-head repository. Added some bibliographic references to the
> blog entries in the example blog.org file, and... the whole export
> with org-export-head ran without errors and the references and
> bibliographies were formatted properly in the resulting html files.
>
> So I guess first we should try to find a minimal working example for
> the bug that I can reproduce. Could you send an example where you add
> just a single citation to the example blog.org file without any other
> modifications and the org-export-head export hangs because of this?
> It'd be also helpful if you could send the corresponding BibTeX entry
> plus perhaps the Emacs and Org version numbers. Also, perhaps it'd be
> worth trying out whether switching to other csl styles (e.g., the
> Chicago style shipped with citeproc-org) make any difference.
>
> best regards,
>
> András
>

> On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 at 16:23, Joseph Vidal-Rosset
> <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I just discovered that my problem came from citeproc-org
> >
> > More exactly I had these lines in my init.el
> >
> > (require 'citeproc)
> > (require 'citeproc-org)
> > (citeproc-org-setup)
> > (setq citeproc-org-html-bib-header "<h2>References</h2>\n")
> > (setq citeproc-org-default-style-file "~/Dropbox/Orgzly/ieee-with-url.csl")
> >
> > The function (citeproc-org-setup) is the responsible of this new problem.
> >
> > Sorry Andras to bother you with this problem with your package. I hope
> > that you will have a solution.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Jo.
> >
> > Le dim. 7 juin 2020 à 15:12, Joseph Vidal-Rosset
> > <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > The package org-ref  is a wonderful tool and I do not imagine working
> > > without its helps now (again many thanks to John Kitchin).
> > >
> > > But for some days now I meet a problem with bibliography html export
> > > with org-ref and I cannot no more use org-export-head that I used for
> > > my blog (https://github.com/itf/org-export-head thanks again to Ivan)
> > > : as soon as there is a bibliographical reference, emacs loops.
> > >
> > > I guess that the problem is very probably in my emacs setup but I do
> > > not find the solution.
> > >
> > > I would be happy to find help with html export with bibliographical
> > > references, and advices for the best solution for blogging with emacs
> > > (I've just tried Jekyll with org, but the problem with export
> > > bibliographical reference is the same, my emacs loops.)
> > >
> > > In advance, thanks for your help, because I am lost.
> > >
> > > Jo.

* Re: org-ref for html and blog ?
@ 2020-06-09 17:40       ` András Simonyi
From: András Simonyi @ 2020-06-09 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear Joseph,

strangely enough, using the same Emacs version with no customisations,
and only the packages you listed (and their dependencies) with exactly
the same versions I still can't reproduce any problem with the
standard Org html export (C-c C-e and "Export to HTML") after running
citeproc-org-setup. The only suspicious thing I noticed was that
ox-pandoc does not seem to play totally nicely with citeproc-org --
the references are not formatted correctly. Were you perhaps referring
to ox-pandoc's html export? If not then I would still need a detailed
minimal example I'm afraid.

best regards,
András

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 at 15:36, Joseph Vidal-Rosset

* Re: org-ref for html and blog ?
@ 2020-06-09 18:28         ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2020-06-09 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: András Simonyi; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Le   mar.   06/09/20   juin   2020   à   07:40:06   ,   András   Simonyi
<andras.simonyi@gmail.com> a envoyé ce message:
> Dear Joseph,
>
> strangely enough, using the same Emacs version with no customisations,
> and only the packages you listed (and their dependencies) with exactly
> the same versions I still can't reproduce any problem with the
> standard Org html export (C-c C-e and "Export to HTML") after running
> citeproc-org-setup. The only suspicious thing I noticed was that
> ox-pandoc does not seem to play totally nicely with citeproc-org --
> the references are not formatted correctly. Were you perhaps referring
> to ox-pandoc's html export? If not then I would still need a detailed
> minimal example I'm afraid.
>
> best regards,
> András

Dear Andras,

Thanks for having tried. I am sorry to be unable to give you an example,
because emacs do not reply with this "bug" (that comes from in fact from
my emacs setup, but  where exactly, I do not know)  and therefore I have
to kill it.

I will try to get a simpler setup and I will inform you.

Best wishes,

--
Jo.