* problèmes d'accents
@ 2014-08-11  9:43 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2014-08-11  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello everybody,

The topic of my message is intentionally in French.

I meet a problem the French accents are not directly exported in the pdf
when I C-c C-l-o . This problem disappears when I compile the .tex file
exported from the org file.

If someone can help, thanks. It is not a serious problem, but only a new
small one.

Best

Jo.

* Re: problèmes d'accents
@ 2014-08-11 21:15 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-08-11 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:

> The topic of my message is intentionally in French.
>
> I meet a problem the French accents are not directly exported in the pdf
> when I C-c C-l-o . This problem disappears when I compile the .tex file
> exported from the org file.

C-c C-l exists.  C-c C-l o makes no sense.

> If someone can help, thanks. It is not a serious problem, but only a new
> small one.

Please give an example and report the output of M-x org-version.

—Rasmus

--
What will be next?

* Re: problèmes d'accents
@ 2014-08-12  5:36   ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2014-08-12  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Rasmus,  hello the list,

> Hi,
>
> Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The topic of my message is intentionally in French.
> >
> > I meet a problem the French accents are not directly exported in the pdf
> > when I C-c C-l-o . This problem disappears when I compile the .tex file
> > exported from the org file.
>
> C-c C-l exists.  C-c C-l o makes no sense.

Sorry, I meant C-e followed by l-o  (LateX file + pdf)

Please, tell me how to express this action correctly in emacs dialect.

> > If someone can help, thanks. It is not a serious problem, but only a new
> > small one.
>
> Please give an example and report the output of M-x org-version

Org-mode version 8.2.7c (8.2.7c-1-gf5065b-elpaplus @
/home/joseph/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140804/)

But I am happy to tell you that I have understood this morning the cause of
my problem. I had in my init.el  the following dangerous lines:

;; Let the exporter use the -shell-escape option to let latex
;; execute external programs.
;; This obviously and can be dangerous to activate!
(setq org-latex-pdf-process
     '("xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o
%f"))

Deactivated, all works smoothly now.

Best wishes,

Jo.

* Re: problèmes d'accents
@ 2014-08-12 11:24     ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2014-08-12 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Joseph,

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 07:36:05AM +0200, Joseph Vidal-Rosset wrote:
> > Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > The topic of my message is intentionally in French.
> > >
> > > I meet a problem the French accents are not directly exported in the pdf
> > > when I C-c C-l-o . This problem disappears when I compile the .tex file
> > > exported from the org file.
> >
> > C-c C-l exists.  C-c C-l o makes no sense.
> >

> Sorry, I meant C-e followed by l-o  (LateX file + pdf)
>
> Please, tell me how to express this action correctly in emacs dialect.

That would be `C-c C-e l o'.

> But I am happy to tell you that I have understood this morning the cause of
> my problem. I had in my init.el  the following dangerous lines:
>
> ;; Let the exporter use the -shell-escape option to let latex
> ;; execute external programs.
> ;; This obviously and can be dangerous to activate!
> (setq org-latex-pdf-process
>      '("xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"))

Why do you think this is dangerous?  Because of the `-shell-escape'?
Without it you will not get source code highlighting (with minted).
Also -shell-escape is not as dangerous as it seems.  It can be only if
somehow you have a malicious/buggy package in your texlive installation,
and you happen to use in your TeX source.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu

* Re: problèmes d'accents
@ 2014-08-12 11:38       ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2014-08-12 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello Ali,

> > Please, tell me how to express this action correctly in emacs dialect.
>
> That would be `C-c C-e l o'.

Thanks !

> > But I am happy to tell you that I have understood this morning the cause
> of
> > my problem. I had in my init.el  the following dangerous lines:
> >
> > ;; Let the exporter use the -shell-escape option to let latex
> > ;; execute external programs.
> > ;; This obviously and can be dangerous to activate!
> > (setq org-latex-pdf-process
> >      '("xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory
> %o %f"))
>
> Why do you think this is dangerous?  Because of the `-shell-escape'?
> Without it you will not get source code highlighting (with minted).
> Also -shell-escape is not as dangerous as it seems.  It can be only if
> somehow you have a malicious/buggy package in your texlive installation,
> and you happen to use in your TeX source.

:) I have only reproduced the code and its comment from somewhere in the
internet. I am not expert enough to say if it is dangerous or not.
 I just note that the deactivation of this code in my init.el solves the
problem of French accents.
Unfortunately, I have to forget the highlighting code with minted. I had
also some problem with minted, and it seems that things work better with a
more thin  init.el ...

I'm using texlive with Xubuntu at the moment , and it is true that I did
not meet this problem under Debian testing, so, there is maybe a bug
somewhere in the texlive packages of Ubuntu  or Debian sid servers... it is
an unwelcome "troll" ;)

Best wishes

Jo.

* Re: problèmes d'accents