I thank you Eric and Uwe for your help. Many thanks also to all the developers of emacs and org-mode. In fact I just spent two days in configuring my emacs24 and gnus. (Eric, I did not understand how worked your emacs24-starter-kit , which is a nice tool indeed). The last problem that I meet on my laptop is an error message : smtp-server not defined , and , until now, I do not find how to fix it :( (if someone has a suggestion, thanks in advance). My goal is to succeed to stay in emacs, for LaTeX as well as for emails, but I have to work again. Every help on LaTeX and emails via org-mode will be welcome. Best, Jo. 2013/5/15 Eric Schulte > Uwe Brauer writes: > > >>> "Eric" == Eric Schulte writes: > > > > > Joseph Vidal-Rosset writes: > > >> > > >> - > > > > > A while back Org-mode switched its method of exporting latex > equations > > > to HTML. Equations used to be exported as png images, however they > are > > > now exported as markup which may then be processed on the fly by > > > client-side javascript. Most mail readers do not allow javascript > in > > > html email, and I doubt that the required javascript headers are > > > included in the mail html mime part. > > > > > I don't know if it is currently possible to do the javascript > > > pre-processing as part of the HTML export, but that would probably > be > > > the best solution in this case. > > > > Couldn't the old functionality (converting to png) be reactivated, at > > least optionally?? For me this change are bad news, since the feature > > (to export LaTeX math to something visible) is very important to me and > > even if this approach may have disadvantages, it seems to me more > > universal than the javascript business. > > > > Indeed the old latex->png functionality is still available, I just had > to update org-mime to work with the new exporter. Export of latex to > attached png images should once again be working in the master branch of > the git repo. > > Best, > > > > > > > Uwe Brauer > > > > > > -- > Eric Schulte > http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte > >