Many thanks Eric for this email and the attachment. Of course it is very useful. 2014-08-05 2:23 GMT+02:00 Eric Schulte : > Hi List, > > I thoroughly enjoyed using Org-mode to write my dissertation. I was > happy to be able to export (mostly) equivalent versions of the document > to HTML and PDF. I'd recommend using Org-mode for such a complex > writing task to those who are either willing to hack the exporter, or > are willing to accept an Org-mode document with inline LaTeX which only > /really/ works with the LaTeX backend. > > As I fall in the former category, here are the small extensions to the > Org-mode exporter which I found necessary. Thanks to the new exporting > backend they were uniformly easy to implement. They are included in the > attached elisp file. Each pagefeed (^L) in the file marks a new section > of functionality, the sections are as follows... > > 1. Ignore Headlines and keep content (discussed here recently) > 2. Multi-column Table Cells > 3. Wide tables extend into the margins. > 4. Wide tables squeezed within the margins > 5. "sc" links for the \sc{} latex command > 6. "gls" links for the \gls{} family of Glossary commands > 7. color links > 8. TIKZ figure links > 9. Tie certain latex commands to the preceding word. > 10. Fix emphasis in text export > > A simplified version of my Makefile is also attached. I hope someone > finds this useful. > > Best, > Eric > Can you tell us how using the Makefile in order to test all these functions for a dissertation? I am especially interested by points 2 and 8. Best wishes , Jo.