* You don't like the HTML export; well, that could change!
@ 2014-09-15 18:58 Fabrice Niessen
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2014-09-15 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I'm announcing the release of Bigblow, a CSS + JS theme for the Org HTML
exports.

To use it in your own files, adding these lines should make it:

#+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/css/htmlize.css"/>
#+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/css/bigblow.css"/>
#+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/css/hideshow.css"/>
#+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>
#+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery-ui-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
#+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery.localscroll-min.js"></script>
#+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery.scrollTo-1.4.3.1-min.js"></script>
#+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery.zclip.min.js"></script>
#+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/bigblow.js"></script>
#+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/hideshow.js"></script>

If you clone my repo from GitHub [1], it can become as easy as adding
just one line:

#+SETUPFILE: path/to/Git/repo/setup/bigblow-pirilampo.setup

(PS- It would be very nice if we could add http references here!  Then,
there would even be no need to copy the files locally...)

Test it on your files, or look at the video I posted on YouTube to see
what it looks like:

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnSGSiXYuOk

Best regards,
Fabrice

PPS- I will still make some changes in a couple of days, like renaming
     the files so that they have a version number, but that I'll warn
     you when I'll get this done.

[1] https://github.com/fniessen/org-html-themes

--
Fabrice Niessen
Leuven, Belgium

* Re: You don't like the HTML export; well, that could change!
@ 2014-09-15 19:22 ` Ista Zahn
       [not found]   ` <CA+vqiLEYpw+eQPUB0UFsCS-VBs5g4BxDLi4=uKVh3dtjx0xZkQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ista Zahn @ 2014-09-15 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Fabrice,

Very very nice, I enjoy it a lot. If you are accepting feature
requests, the only thing I really miss is "Next" section link at the
bottom.

Best,
Ista

@ 2014-09-15 19:24     ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2014-09-15 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ista,

Ista Zahn wrote:
> Very very nice, I enjoy it a lot.

Thanks.

> If you are accepting feature requests, the only thing I really miss is
> "Next" section link at the bottom.

Of course, I accept change requests (or, better, patches ;-)). Though,
I cannot commit ATM to make them soon, even if it does look simple for
this one.

You can safely open an issue about it on GitHub.

Best regards,
Fabrice

--

@ 2014-09-16  2:19 ` Mehul Sanghvi
       [not found]   ` <CAPo9-A8ueguQm7QW2yqFkn-A4yqY7p1bemE2sdSYrFjS4npviA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2014-09-16  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Niessen; +Cc: ML Emacs-orgmode

This is awesome !! I tried it out and liked it.  About the only things I
would change
are the fonts being used and the font-size.  Oh and the colour scheme since
prefer slightly darker colours :)

Otherwise this works out just fine for publishing one project per file.
 Not sure how it
will work with one project spread out over multiple files.  Or a site with
multiple sub-projects.

Though I think those are more Orgmode related, rather than CSS related.

Regardless, this looks awesome, at least to a non-CSS, non-HTML person like
myself.

cheers,

      mehul

p.s.   Links to the images you are using for things like (info, tip, etc.)
are relative so they wont work
in the case where I am using the HTML_HEAD method to add the theme.

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com

* Re: You don't like the HTML export; well, that could change!
@ 2014-09-16  7:11 ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-16  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Niessen; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Fabrice Niessen <fni-news-TA4HMoP+1wHrZ44/DZwexQ@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm announcing the release of Bigblow, a CSS + JS theme for the Org HTML
> exports.
>
> To use it in your own files, adding these lines should make it:
>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/css/htmlize.css"/>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/css/bigblow.css"/>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/css/hideshow.css"/>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery-ui-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery.localscroll-min.js"></script>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery.scrollTo-1.4.3.1-min.js"></script>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/jquery.zclip.min.js"></script>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/bigblow.js"></script>
> #+HTML_HEAD: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/js/hideshow.js"></script>
>
> If you clone my repo from GitHub [1], it can become as easy as adding
> just one line:
>
> #+SETUPFILE: path/to/Git/repo/setup/bigblow-pirilampo.setup

Thanks for this - this is awesome. I love it and I am going to use it!

One addition: the template also works with svg files, depending on
browser.

Cheers,

Rainer

> (PS- It would be very nice if we could add http references here!  Then,
> there would even be no need to copy the files locally...)
>
> Test it on your files, or look at the video I posted on YouTube to see
> what it looks like:
>
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnSGSiXYuOk
>
> Best regards,
> Fabrice
>
> PPS- I will still make some changes in a couple of days, like renaming
>      the files so that they have a version number, but that I'll warn
>      you when I'll get this done.
>
> [1] https://github.com/fniessen/org-html-themes

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de
PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* Re: You don't like the HTML export; well, that could change!
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-09-16 21:17 ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
       [not found]   ` <CAD-VTcE1+j24GG0Vcw5VVBtKiN7Q8011NfGT8AiVs1CwZv8pJw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2014-09-16 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Niessen; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Many thanks Fabrice for this very nice html theme. I am going to use it
also.

I cannot use another emacs-theme than your emacs-leuven-theme, and it is
going to be probably the same with your html theme !

Again, thanks !

Jo.

@ 2014-10-10 14:42     ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2014-10-10 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul Sanghvi; +Cc: ML Emacs-orgmode

Hello Mehul and all,

Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Fabrice Niessen wrote:
>>
>> I'm announcing the release of Bigblow, a CSS + JS theme for the Org HTML
>> exports.
>>
>> To use it in your own files, adding these lines should make it:

>> #+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="
>> http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/css/bigblow.css"/>
>> [...]
>>
>> If you clone my repo from GitHub, it can become as easy as adding
>> just one line:

>> #+SETUPFILE: path/to/Git/repo/setup/bigblow-pirilampo.setup
>>
>> Test it on your files, or look at the video I posted on YouTube to see
>> what it looks like:
>>
>>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnSGSiXYuOk
>
> This is awesome !! I tried it out and liked it.  About the only things
> I would change are the fonts being used and the font-size.

On that front, I know I'd have to make the CSS more responsive, by
removing some (or many?) specifications in px, and replace them by
percentages.

> Oh and the colour scheme since I prefer slightly darker colours :)

Not much I can do here ;-)

> Otherwise this works out just fine for publishing one project per
> file.  Not sure how it will work with one project spread out over
> multiple files.  Or a site with multiple sub-projects.

Yes, it currently is targeted toward the publication of one file,
presented as if it were many (because of the tab presentation). Not sure
how to for many files.

Maybe the CSS should be cut into what's common for both use cases, and
what's specific to "one Org page" or "multiple Org pages".

> Though I think those are more Orgmode related, rather than CSS related.
>
> Regardless, this looks awesome, at least to a non-CSS, non-HTML person
> like myself.

Thanks.

> p.s.  Links to the images you are using for things like (info, tip,
> etc.)  are relative so they wont work in the case where I am using the
> HTML_HEAD method to add the theme.

I think it does work.  Do you have an ECM where it doesn't?  Or another
proposition?

Best regards,
Fabrice

--

@ 2014-10-10 14:45     ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2014-10-10 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org

Joseph Vidal-Rosset wrote:
> Many thanks Fabrice for this very nice html theme. I am going to use it
> also.
>
> I cannot use another emacs-theme than your emacs-leuven-theme, and it is
> going to be probably the same with your html theme !

Thanks for your nice comments.

You still miss one piece of the puzzle to be complete: use my Emacs
configuration file (at https://github.com/fniessen/emacs-leuven) ;-)

Best regards,
Fabrice

--