Hi Carsten, Ivan. Thanks for the feedback. The issue that Ivan mentioned does look important and I'll try to fix it asap and incorporate the check. I'll also look into the rehilighting thing, I am not sure if that's possible. I guess it also would be nice to scroll not just to the right page, but also to the right line in the text. As for the "as-" prefix I just assumed that this is legit because the package was already present in the org-mode. Cheers. - Dan On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote: > Hi Daniil, > > I like this a lot and would like to take the patch after you have taken > Ivans feedback, and maybe more feedback if you get any. > > I would like it even more if following the link would rehighlight the > selected text. Is there any way to achieve this? > > I have another question, this would maybe be for the original author, > Anthony Lander? I see that there are functions with prefixes that are not > "org-". This is dangerous because there might be packages around that use > that name space. I also think it violates coding rules in Emacs. I think > this should be changed - unless you know of a convention that all functions > dealing with applescripts are supposed to have an "as-" prefix. > > I can fix this - but I wanted your feedback first. > > Thanks. > > - Carsten > > On 12 mei 2013, at 20:29, Daniil Frumin wrote: > > > Hi, all! > > > > I use org-mac-link-grabber.el < > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-mac-link-grabber.html> almost > every day. However, it lacks support for an app that I'd like to use > together with org-mode. > > > > Skim.app is a light and fast PDF reader for Mac OS X with a note-taking > ability. I wrote a little patch for org-mac-link-grabber.el to support > grabbing links to documents. > > > > What it does: > > > > * Grabs not just the link to file, but a page > > > > * Inserts the selected text as a description, if present. Otherwise > > inserts ", p. " > > > > * The shortcut is set to [S] > > > > * Defines a new "skim" link type > > > > It would be interesting to also add some support for importing notes > from Skim to org. > > > > Since Skim.app is not present in clean OS X installs, by default support > for grabbing links from it is disabled. You can enable it by customizing > group `org-mac-link-grabber'. > > > > So, maybe it's possible to get this patch into the tree? It's my first > time hacking on org (or even any major elisp extension), so it's probably > that I've messed up somewhere with a commit format or whatnot. > > > > Cheers. > > > > -- Daniil Frumin > > <0001-Adding-Skim.app-support-to-org-mac-link-grabber.el.patch> > > -- Sincerely yours, -- Daniil