Perfect, org-reveal is working as well, haven't known about that! But it would be good that org-reveal is called automatically before org-cycle, because when going through the task list, I'm just expanding by tab. It is not really convenient to use tab and when reaching error (or no unfold) then hitting C-c C-r. Maybe it's just me. Anyway thanks for letting me know. BR, Vlastimil On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 at 11:20, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > [ Adding Org mailing list back to CC ] > > Vlastimil Vondra writes: > > > Sorry, I think I've sent the reply in wrong manner. I was trying to reply > > to this conversation https://list.orgmode.org/87ty4b7ofr.fsf@gnu.org/t/ > > where Reiner wrote that he is not able to unfold tree if folded and at > the > > end of line. You can get there if you are on line longer then previous, > > then up arrow and now you are not able to unfold. I've created function, > > which will first set cursor to end-of-line by function and then calling > > org-cycle which is then working. > > You are replying to a thread that is 10 years old. That problem > discussed in the thread has been fixed in Org 9.4.4 or earlier (for > drawers). > > > I'm sending video, so it is more obvious. > > In the video, the situation is with folded headings of different length: > > * asd > alskdj > * Headingalksjdlaskdj > alskdj > > If everything is folded: > > * asd... > * Headingalksjdlaskdj... > > Pressing C-p will yield > > * asd... <-- note after ... > * Headingalksjdlaskdj... > > Then, will indeed not unfold, before the point is not actually on > heading. > This situation is one of the edge cases with point adjustment in Emacs. > > The workaround is simple - M-x org-reveal (C-c C-r). > org-reveal generally works any time the cursor is stuck in the middle of > invisible text. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >