Thank you for the suggestions, but my main problem is to define the network interface correctly, and, probably, the firewall correctly. With regard to nomachine, it seems more about accessing remote hosts than the guest OS of a host OS. So it seems more of an overkill to me, anyway, can still be useful at time. On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 11:00 AM briangpowell . wrote: > Would like to "allow the windows host to access the guest using SSH to run > Emacs Org-Mode" suggestions: > > * Install Cygwin on Windows and use Cygwin's SSH tools & run X on Cygwin & > login to your Linux virtual machine desktop > > ** Then can use X11VNC and/or TightVNC client if you run a VNC server of > some sort on your VirtualBox virtual machine > > * Possibly you could install a NOMACHINE server { > https://www.nomachine.com} on the Linux virtual machine & a windows > NOMACHINE client on your Windows host machine & login to your Linux virtual > machine desktop > > > > > > > > > https://www.nomachine.com/ > > On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:08 AM Roland Everaert > wrote: > >> I am a user of emacs on virtual machines at work, and the environment >> works pretty well. I use virtual box as the provided workstation host >> windows, but the virtual machine host a linux os though. The only thing I >> didn't manage to do yet, is to allow the windows host to access the guest >> using SSH. I have read many articles, but none of them seems to work :( >> >> Any suggestion for the latter topic, (off this list), is welcomed >> >> Regards, >> >> Roland. >> >> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 7:27 AM Jens Lechtenboerger < >> lechten@wi.uni-muenster.de> wrote: >> >>> On 2020-05-21, John Kitchin wrote: >>> >>> > What do you do with this image? I would be happy to continue this >>> off-list >>> > if it seems better. >>> >>> I generate self-study HTML presentations with audio as OER based on >>> reveal.js. See there for a course about to start in two weeks: >>> https://oer.gitlab.io/OS/ >>> >>> Material generated from this: >>> https://gitlab.com/oer/OS/-/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml >>> >>> A howto: https://oer.gitlab.io/emacs-reveal-howto >>> >>> Best wishes >>> Jens >>> >>>