From: Roland Everaert <reveatwork@gmail.com>
To: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Problem with org-mode after upgradiing to org 8
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:05:00 +0200	[thread overview]

org-mode will makes me crazy. After a deep review (well rewrite my entire
configuration based on norang's one) org-mode is working again, but its the
version bundled with emacs that seems to be loaded and not the one I
downloaded from the git repository.

My emacs configuration is structured like so:

~/.emacs.d/init.el
~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/ --> contains alot of lisp codes including the
directory of org.

At the top of the init.el file I put the following:

(let ((default-directory "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/"))
      (normal-top-level-add-to-load-path '("."))
      (normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path))

I, later, load a file containing all my org-mode configuration. That file
is located in ~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/. I load that file in this way:

(load-library "my-org-mode-config")

 At the top of that configuration file is written:

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
"~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/org-mode/lisp"))
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
"~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/org-mode/contrib/lisp"))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\)$" . org-mode))

(require 'org)

So I don't understand why M-x org-version gives me:

Org-mode version 7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/)

Any help welcomed,

Roland.