* Price/ list comparison
@ 2017-02-02  3:43 Eduardo V.
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Eduardo V. @ 2017-02-02  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I constantly buy diodes, resistors, etc. for projects and i mostly save the
receipts.

I want to know if there is an org-mode way (or any other software) that
let's me input all the data form the receipts and tell me which components
are cheaper in X store.

A plus if it has a way of telling me how many components i have left.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: Since i don't know what name this kind of software receives i have
not been able to find what i look for, so excuse my ignorance

* Re: Price/ list comparison
@ 2017-02-02  5:27 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2017-02-02  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo V.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2017-02-02, at 04:43, Eduardo V. <lalohao@gmail.com> wrote:

> I constantly buy diodes, resistors, etc. for projects and i mostly save the
> receipts.

[I reordered the questions since the secind one is easier]

http://ledger-cli.org/

> I want to know if there is an org-mode way (or any other software) that
> let's me input all the data form the receipts and tell me which components
> are cheaper in X store.

This I don't know for sure, but ledger (possibly with some external
scripting) might help there, too.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> NOTE: Since i don't know what name this kind of software receives i have
> not been able to find what i look for, so excuse my ignorance

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Price/ list comparison
@ 2017-02-02  5:48 ` Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2017-02-02  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo V., emacs-orgmode

Hi Eduardo,

"Eduardo V." <lalohao@gmail.com> writes:

> I constantly buy diodes, resistors, etc. for projects and i mostly save the
> receipts.
>
> I want to know if there is an org-mode way (or any other software) that
> let's me input all the data form the receipts and tell me which components
> are cheaper in X store.
>
> A plus if it has a way of telling me how many components i have left.

You might want to check out Ledger: http://ledger-cli.org/

It is a system for doing accounting with plain text, and has lots of features that I think you would find useful, including tracking prices and commodities.  You should definitely be able to get it to tell you the things you're looking for, once you enter your receipts.  Also, it has good integration with Emacs, and (to some extent) with Org.

Best,
Richard

* Re: Price/ list comparison
@ 2017-02-02  6:58 ` Gergely Polonkai