I think properties can be used for this. I personally like the org-secretary module, described nicely here by the author: http://juanreyero.com/article/emacs/org-teams.html Also, personalized agendas for your entire set of org-files is useful here. --paf On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Daniel Hertrich < daniel@daniel-hertrich.photo> wrote: > Hi all, > > I’m new to this mailing list and very eager to see what’s up in here. Is > it still active? I hope so. Emacs is old, but it seems that still many > people use it. > > So am I. After trying many different approaches to organizing information > and tasks, I’m now looking into Emacs / org-mode, because I like the > efficient keyboard-centric text-mode way of working. > > One question that I did not find a satisfactory answer for on my numerous > days of research about Emacs / org-mode (however, maybe I „don’t see the > wood for the trees“): > > I want to mix information and tasks in one file. That’s how it’s supposed > to be, as far as I understand. > I want to enter information as a journal, relatively strictly. So if I add > a note to an appointment, I’d like to add that note not in the file area of > that appointment, but to the end of the file, crosslinking the appointment > and the new note. Is there a way to achieve that easily? > > I know how to make tasks with the org-todo-keywords. > Now I want to mark chunks of information in that file in a similar way, > but keep it outside of the task workflow. I’d like to have that information > accessible and finable easily, and I want to differentiate different kinds > of information. > > Quick example: > > * TODO This is my first task > Some task description goes here > > * MEETINGNOTE of meeting 2015-07-02 MyCompany > ** participants > *** —> John Doe > *** —> Mary Sample > ** Goal > This is the description of meeting goal > ** Outcome > Outcome of the meeting > > > * PERSON John Doe > Street address > email address > telephone > > * COMPANY MyCompany > address > field of operation > employees: > - John Doe > - Mary Sample > > * INFO 2015-07-01 John Doe does not want to work with Emacs > > * NOTE 2015-07-02 16:20 called John on the phone > here go some notes about the telephone call with John > > > > So for example: > > - I’d like to have all the info (cross)linked, so that if I click e.g. on > any occurrence of „John Doe“ I’d like to see a list of matches that mention > John Doe: his PERSON entry, the notes of meetings he participated, the > company he is an employee of etc. How can I mark up info in a way that > Emacs or org links such info? Or isn’t this possible? Do I have to use > Gnowsys or something like that for this? > > - I’d like to be able to search all „PERSON“ entries for a specific name. > > - I’d like to be able to archive chunks of information, e.g. a MEETINGNOTE > that’s obsolete, equally as I can do it with tasks > > - I’d like to filter, i.e. have Emacs only show me e.g. the „MEETINGNOTES“ > entries with all their text, but filter out everything else. Maybe even > only „MEETINGNOTES“ with tag „XY“… combined filtering. Possible via Agenda, > as I understand it, at least partially. Matching tags and combinations of > tags etc. > > Fot those of you who owned (or still own) a HP 200LX Palmtop and use > Andreas Garzotto’s excellent PIM/PE on it (PE was a text editor that was > partially inspired by Emacs and PIM was quite similar to org-mode, although > PIM existed prior to org-mode): I’d like to do something similar with Emacs > / org that was possible with PIM/PE. :-) > > Thanks for any hints, pointers and ideas, > > Daniel > > >