Also, I already looked at the org source to see how to add e.g. a #+BEGIN_IMAGE block, but I found the 'api' quite overwhelming. So I am hoping that some experienced developer could maybe give some advice/explain (for) how to approach/implement this. On Mon, 20 Sept 2021 at 20:19, dalanicolai wrote: > Hello, > > I am developing a new package for quickly sketching svg images, (see, and > try > out, sketch-mode at https://elpa.gnu.org/devel/). With the package, I can > already quickly create a sketch and subsequently quickly save it and > insert a > link in some org-mode buffer (using the `b` transient suffix). Also I can > quickly insert some image (using the `I` suffix), but then unfortunately > the > image will not get saved. > > As svg is just xml, for small sketches I would prefer to insert directly > the xml > into the org-buffer within an image block, in which I can quickly toggle > showing > the image using `C-c C-c` (or `org-toggle-inline-images`). Also, exporting > such > xml should work perfectly fine when exporting to e.g. html. > > I guess a normal source block is not suitable, because I would like to > create > the image overlay directly within the block. I am happy to (help) > implement(ing) > such a feature, but I thought it would be wise to first discuss and > 'enquire' > for suggestions here. > > Thanks you! >