Hi Nick, Good catch, thanks. I'll try contacting him directly and will share my findings here. -- Marcelo On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Nick Dokos wrote: > Marcelo de Moraes Serpa writes: > > > Hi Dave, > > > > Yes, I'm aware of the freemind exporter. I'm not very fond of freemind > though, I find it clunky to use. > > > > I really liked the minimalist style of the mind-mapping application > shown in the video (also the animation effects are cool, too). > > Would be great if the author could chime in and perhaps share the code. > Heck, I'd be willing to buy it if the integration with org > > was good enough (both-ways auto synchronization). > > If you examine the video closely, it looks like it's a Mac application, > the author is David Griffiths and the application *might* be iMapMinder > (also available on Windows, but not on Linux - non-free both in the > freedom and beer sense). All of this is pure guesswork on my part > and might very well be completely wrong. > > If David Griffiths is indeed the author, I don't remember seeing him on > the ML. You'll have to find another way to contact him. The org file > shows an email address of > > dgriffiths AT fas.harvard.edu > > but that might not be valid any longer (the video was posted in 2011). > > Nick > > > > > On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 3:59 PM, J. David Boyd wrote: > > > > Marcelo de Moraes Serpa writes: > > > > > Hi, > > > > > > While searching for mind mapping tools that already had some > > > integration with orgmode, I found this video: > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93cqGFu3B-g, which shows a simple > (but > > > seemingly powerful) mindmapping tool that integrates well with org. > > > > > > Unfortunately the link to the code / app is nowhere to be found in > the > > > video description and the video is pretty old. It'd be unfortunate > to > > > not share such an interesting project. I'm very interested in > > > using/testing/extending it. I'm wondering if the author still lurks > > > around this mailing list? *ping* > > > > > > Either way, it's a great idea and someone else (even myself) could > get > > > some inspiration out off it and create something similar (and > share!) - > > > I've been wanting a way to visualize my org files in the form of a > > > mindmap and keep both representations synced so I could just switch > > > when I wanted, and this seems to be the gist of it. > > > > > > Cheers, > > > > > > -- Marcelo > > > > There is a connection to Freemind in the source tree. Not near my > computer > > right now. The name is something like ox-freemind.el... > > > > Dave > > >