Hi Max, thanks for the reply. That is amazing. Works like a charm - just what I needed. This should definitely be merged back to the main org distribution! On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Max Mikhanosha wrote: > Check out my multiple-agenda-buffers branch from > http://github.com/7max/org-mode > > Its designed exactly for that (multiple independent agenda buffers > living together). to enable it use, M-x org-toggle-sticky-agenda > > You will have to set different agenda names for different agenda views > in your org-agenda-custom-commands variable like so: > > (setq org-agenda-custom-commands > '(("a" "Agenda and NEXT (priority)" > ((agenda "" > ((org-agenda-span 'day))) > (tags-todo "/!NEXT" > ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next Tasks") > (org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t) > (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t) > (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines t) > (org-tags-match-list-sublevels t) > (org-agenda-sorting-strategy > '(priority-down category-keep))))) > ((org-agenda-buffer-name "*Agenda*"))) > ("t" "TODO entries" > todo "" > ((org-agenda-buffer-name "*Todo List*"))))) > > Carsten suggested that this will eventually get merged, but I think > people may be afraid, as it's a bit of a major change, converting most > agenda related variables to buffer local, and at least initially had a > several bugs, which took me a few weeks to catch and fix. > > But I've been running on this branch for a month+, and quality of > my org-moding had greatly improved, since now all my agendas pop-out > immediately instead of rebuilding for several seconds. > > At Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:38:39 -0600, > Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote: > > > > Hey guys, > > > > So, I would like to keep a sort of dashboard in a osx virtual desktop - > basically having emacs frames with different todo lists > > for reference at quick glance: > > > > http://minus.com/mlgjv21R4 > > > > The problem is that the agenda is global to the emacs instance and won't > allow me to show a filter view in one frame and another > > in the other (i.e: One frame showing all my personal TODOs and the other > showing all TODOs related to my job.). > > > > I could have those lists in separate files, but my configuration now has > all todos in a big gtd.org file. > > > > Is there a way to have differente filters in different frames? If not, > any thoughts on how I could accomplish this idea? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Marcelo. > > > > >