* dnd-protocol-alist and org
@ 2012-09-06  1:31 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2012-09-06  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi list,

I've been trying to get dnd-protocol-alist to work on Emacs 23, OSX (GNU
Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36) of 2012-01-29
on bob.porkrind.org) but couldn't so far. Has anyone got it to work with
Cocoa Emacs?

I think this could be used to implement some real cool features, such as
dragging-and-dropping->auto-archiving of images and other file types. This
way, one could, for example, drag an image into an org buffer, and it would
be copied to a pre-configured location and displayed auto-magically. What
do you think?

Cheers,

Marcelo.

* Re: dnd-protocol-alist and org
@ 2012-09-06  1:35 ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2012-09-06  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

In addition to that: An even more awesome feature would be to hook into the
pasting process in emacs, get that data, save that to a pre-defined
location, and link it in the org buffer. Imagine copying an image from
anywhere and being able to insert it in the org buffer with just a paste
command! :)

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com

@ 2012-09-24  4:29   ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2012-09-24  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

*bump* Does anyone else think that'd be a nice feature? I'm having a hard
time making dnd-protocol-alist work on OSX though, any hints appreciated :)

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com

@ 2012-09-24  5:10     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-24  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> *bump* Does anyone else think that'd be a nice feature? I'm having a
> hard time making dnd-protocol-alist work on OSX though, any hints
> appreciated :)

AFAIU this is a general Emacs question, maybe you'll have more chance on
emacs-devel.

--
 Bastien

* Re: dnd-protocol-alist and org