From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com>
To: Eden Cardim <eden@insoli.de>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: orgmode + evernote, anyone using it? Use cases?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:28:57 -0500	[thread overview]

You make some very good points, Eden.

Dragging is what bothers me.

I used to use Emacs for a lot of other stuff before, but decided to be more
pragmatic and enjoy apps outside it as well. I don't currently live inside
Emacs (in fact, I've ended up switching to MacVim for most of my coding
tasks, but that was before Evil was available, and I might take the time to
switch my env to Emacs again someday, now that there is a decent Vim
emulation layer), and I use other OSX apps. OSX is very graphical. Being
able to quickly drag and drop items in an Emacs org buffer would be a plus,
and would also be helpful to less technically-savvy/more graphically
oriented people willing to use org.

I have grown a habit of capturing absolutely
> everything, which is eased by the fact that I redirect everything I
> can to IRC or my mailbox, which gives me a very efficient note-taking
> and communication system

That sounds *very* interesting. Would you mind sharing a bit more about
your system? I'm specially curious about the capture tools you're using
(IRC?).

I also have the capability of capturing
> links to stuff on a remote system (which Evernote can't do).

Good point.

The only useful thing I've ever done with Evernote is
> take advantage of the OCR search, which means I can capture physical
> things fast with the smartphone and find them later via search

True. That's a very useful Evernote capture feature, very convenient when
you just don't feel like writing.

Now, I agree orgmode has the edge, specially for the geekier audience, but
Evernote has some great capture tools, tools that could be ported to org
(food for thought) or used in conjunction.

Cheers!

- Marcelo.