Hi Mike, > > > With Org babel, and my org-mode configuration being a ~.org~ file, I also > manage to achieve DRY. My three individual agenda blocks are defined once, > and the complete view just references them with <<>> noweb syntax. Could you elaborate a bit more on that? This looks pretty interesting (I haven't put org-babel to use yet). - Marcelo. On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Mike McLean wrote: > > On Aug 21, 2012, at 6:50 PM, Bastien wrote: > > > Hi Mike, > > > > Mike McLean writes: > > > >> I have a grand thought of someday writing an agenda view or mode that > >> looks like a Kanban board -- I've seen some of what can be done with > >> respect to views in Emacs from the ~calfw~ package, so it is just a > >> matter of time. > > > > Just a thought: isn't this already possible with Agenda Blocks? > > > > You get the columns as rows, but you get the various categories > > displayed at once. > > That is what I am doing now as my “non-visual” version. It actually works > pretty well. My thought is to create something like one of the online > Kanban boards for more visual impact. > > I didn't elaborate before since the question was about TODO states, but I > have 4 Kanban-named views in my ~org-agenda-custom-commands~; one view each > for BACKLOG, TODO, and DOING so that I can look at each stage individually > and a fourth with all three of those blocks as you suggest to get them all > at once. > > With Org babel, and my org-mode configuration being a ~.org~ file, I also > manage to achieve DRY. My three individual agenda blocks are defined once, > and the complete view just references them with <<>> noweb syntax. > > Did I mention how awesome Org mode is ? I should have :) > > Mike > > > >